Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Resources for Veggiesauruses


I'm just gonna put this one out there: I love meat. I love chicken nuggets, bacon, sausage and turkey. Hamburgers make me happy. I have eaten both raw horse and fried cartilage. HOWEVER, two of our members are non-meat eatin' folks, and I myself cook for a no-meat kinda guy. Thus, I'm always looking for new recipes that don't hinge around a big ole slab of meat, and don't consist of a pile of raw vegetables dressed with balsamic vinagrette. (For, as we all know, you just don't win friends with salad.)

All joking aside, I love and respect many veggiesaurs. There's always room for more veggies in your diet, and Tina recently posted a few useful links on her blog to some great vegetarian resources. Check them out there, or from our new list in the side bar, Resources for Veggiesauruses. I can't wait to try the General Tso's Tofu and the No-chicken Pot Pie!

5 comments:

T said...

Fried cartilage? Was it pierced? :)

Ravelry Codename: Knitzel said...

It is sooo gross. The Japanese will eat anything, AND they'll tell you it's a delicacy.

Elisha said...

I ate a chicken heart in Japan. It tasted just like any other part of the chicken. My grandma and I also used to eat calves' liver all the time. Nonetheless, I have no problem going meatless for a meal or two, especially when I'm broke or too lazy to go to the grocery store!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Priya said...

Gross. (the discussion of Chicken Hearts and friend cartilage) However yummmmy those sites look amazing!